I have bee working on my theme this morning. I changed it from a fixed width to a fluid width.
It was easier than I thought. Here is what I did.
- I positioned the side bar as absolute left.
- I changed the wrapper to 95%.
- I changed the content to 70%.
- I made a content margin of 250 pixels. (My sidebar is 230 pixels.)
- I changed the header giving it a 95% width, but with a 100 pixel margin on both sides.
- I uncentered the splash image. (The back end of the bus picture you see above.)
So, let me know if you have any errors on your screen with these new changes. I have always liked fluid width better and none of my posts are so short to warrant a fixed width.
It still should look good for those viewing at 800×600 because I left the splash image size alone and all my other images should self adjust to be in a clear position. Hoping, hoping….LOL…