I was talking about how low money I make for driving yesterday in my post about the reward being given in Florida for a company not paying overtime. I have decided that I am going to tell the world how much I make, but first I want some good guesses.
Here is my statistics.
- I have been driving school bus, this is my 5th year.
- I drove tractor trailer before school bus for 2 years.
- I am paid per route.
- I do 4 routes per day.
- I am amazed, but I just did the math and all of my routes take exactly 37 minutes to complete from first stop til I am at the school or empty.
- I drive about an hour empty per day. This includes from home to my first stop and from the school home after kids are off, etc.
- Total…I am driving 208 minutes a day, so 104 in morning and 104 in afternoon.
- I drive a little over 100 miles per day.
- There is 20 minutes in the morning where I am in limbo between routes. I am not driving, but I am in my bus. I have to wait for time to pass to start my next route. I don’t have this time in the afternoon.
- I have NO benefits except my daughter rides with me, so I don’t have any daycare expenses.
I get paid on Tuesday, this is my pay for 10 days of driving, so I’ll scan my pay stub for you to see.
To make it fun, the person who guesses closest to my pay 10 day pay amount after taxes. I’ll give $10 to via Paypal.
Adam your not eligible. I think you are the only person who knows though, so anyone else go ahead guess in the comments below here.