So, I have to write about my Top 5, something.
Well, many of my readers don’t know this, but I used to sell on eBay full-time and this site actually started out as my “eBay Store” page. So, after much thought…I have decided to tell you what I used way back when to sell on that site. I was a high volume seller with random items that I got from estate auctions. I ran up to 1600 auctions a month which you can imagine is a ton of work.
Why did I stop you ask?? Well because eBay raised there fees to the point they were making more money on my auctions than I was and that was my last day. Yes, I quit cold turkey.
Well, onto the list…
- KAuction – This software was at the heart of my operation. This helped me keep track of who paid, who hadn’t, who I left feedback for, who I hadn’t, who I shipped to, who I hadn’t, who I did not paying bidder warning, who was due one, etc. This is an amazing piece of software. That said I would not recommend it for someone planning on running like 10 auctions a month or something like that. This is more my volume recommendation although maybe it could help those with few auctions.
- E-mage – This is a batch image processing program. I used this program to process my images in batches of 50 at a time.
- Image Optimizer – There were times when my E-mage setting would distort the details of my image, so in these instances. I would load up the original in this Image Optimizer and then spot compress the images. I do this sometimes still with this page.
- Incredimail – I am a huge Incredimail fan. HUGE! I have owned the paid for version of the program probably for 5 or 6 years. I also own the letter creator that goes with this program. I made a letterhead that had my ebay store logo on it and every e-mail that I sent to my eBay clients went on this letterhead. I can’t count how many comments I got about this.
- Photo Software – I used probably 6 or 7 different photo programs while I was selling, so I am going to suggest the program that I currently use. This is Breeze Browser. Yeah, I never used Photoshop or the expensive programs. My whole business was pretty shoestring budget wise. I was making pretty good though for awhile, but I have bills to go with pretty good.
As you can see 3 of my 5 are image programs. Images are the very most important things when selling on eBay. If you don’t have a good image, you will not get top dollar almost no matter what. There are a few rare exceptions to this, but this is for the most part gold standard.
Well, wish me luck in my chances to win and I will wish you the best prices on your next sales.